Just like you, lots of students often feel the lack of nerve to start on their homework. No wonder that there are numerous distractions on your way such as TV shows, friend’s blog or Facebook posts. As you might have figured out, students tend to fall for all kinds of distractions in case they feel the lack of motivation.
As a Biology student, you need to devote most of the time to learning theory and solving practical tasks. The real raisin in the pie is that when you’re done with the toughest one, you can take a long break before moving on. Anyway, here are some tips a Biology student might consider useful:
- Take time to plan your schedule. You can’t even imagine how much spare time you can take advantage of! Of course, if you plan it wisely. Any spare minute in class, at lunch or on the way to school is valuable. As such, you will definitely win some time for fun activities. One more thing to add. Try to figure out the timing of every assignment you get. It gives you a chance to fit it in into your schedule in the most beneficial way.
- Set your priorities. Move along from more to less demanding tasks. The toughest assignments should go to the top of your list. Surely, you want to use the best of your energy towards your biggest challenge. Besides, you may come up with some new insights for your piece while handling your minor tasks.
- Learn to read fast. It works quite effectively when you need to study lots of theoretical material. Biology is a complex subject, so you will also need to use a pen and a pad to scratch some notes.
- Design your personal rewarding system. Just think of what is the best reward for you after an intensive brainstorm. A movie, exercising or a phone conversation with a friend? Whatever makes you happy and gives your brain a little rest.
- Break the job into chunks. Success with your home task is all about the right time management. Studying Biology requires your utmost attention. It means that you need to trigger motivation from everything. Breaking the entire piece of work will enable you to set small goals. As such, the rewards will occur more frequently which makes the motivation more effective.
- Find a partner. Even though it seems more appealing to work on your own, a partner can prevent you from going downhill with your assignment by encouraging you.